Page which can be used to help give search engines a secondary route to navigate through your site.
- On large websites the on page navigation should help search engines find all applicable web pages.
- On large websites it does not make sense to list every page on the site map, just the most important pages.
- Site maps can be used to help redistribute internal link authority toward important pages or sections, or sections of your site that are seasonally important.
- Site maps can use slightly different or more descriptive anchor text than other portions of your site to help search engines understand what your pages are about.
- Site maps should be created such that they are useful to humans, not just search engines.